01 02 03 Sydney Fashion Hunter: The Weekly Wrap #4 - W/E 14 September 2014 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Weekly Wrap #4 - W/E 14 September 2014

34

It's Sunday evening and time for The Weekly Wrap. This week my Prada shoes from Bluefly arrived (see previous post). Extreme excitement turned to major disappointment as soon as I opened the box. I was expecting a 3 1/4 inch heel (as stated on the website!) and these babies were sky high ... at least 4 inches, so while I deliberated for a while, very sadly they had to be returned. There is just no way that I would be able to walk comfortably all day at work in those heels. I'm over sacrificing comfort for style ... I want both! While the black pair were a back up, the nudes were needed so the hunt was on for a replacement. Another dentist appointment this week dipped into the shopping budget and the down time saw me hunting on-line. A mid-week lunch shop with The Co-Conspirator and a great Saturday afternoon shopping jaunt with The Enabler (and more dangerously, her mini enablers aged 5 & 8) yielded some success. Read on for all the details ...


Hunting Grounds …

Westfield Sydney *** Sydney City *** Westfield Bondi Junction *** Westfield Chatswood


Kurt Geiger Petal Nude Patent Pumps ($365)
To replace the returned Prada's which I'm still devastated about! I stumbled across this pair in DJ's while shopping with The Co-Conspirator which are a pretty good match. Quickest pair of shoes I have ever bought. Score! Buy here. (Sydney City)




Holster Thongs ($50)
These caught my eye last week in David Jones but I didn't purchase. This week the mini enablers encouraged me to buy and how could I say no? These were probably the safest option from the shoes that they made me try on and I think these will be perfect for dinners in Thailand, Bali and the like where the dress code is still very relaxed but a bit of bling distinguishes from the day look. The SA, whose name sadly I didn't catch, was absolutely brilliant dealing with Miss 5 as she took her behind the counter, allowed her to scan my item, take payment and bag it up! She loved playing 'shops' for real and SA's patience was very appreciated. Buy here. (Westfield Bondi Junction)




Nine West Martina Navy Pumps ($97)
Navy pumps have been on the most hunted list for a while. Clearly, these are not the Manolo's I'm coveting (see below) but they will do the job and as a bonus I got 25% off as part of Westfield's Fashion Saturday. Yay! Mini Enabler approved :) Buy similar here. (Westfield Bondi Junction)



Chinese Top ($25)
I'm liking the idea of this with TWP, not quite sure how I'm going to style it yet but it's just too cute to pass up. Buy here. (aliexpress.com)



Floral Print Shell Top ($30)
I stumbled across a new on-line hunting ground this week while reading Miss Sassy's blog and seeing a very cute red and white polka dot blouse she was wearing. Sadly, the blouse was no longer for sale but I did find a few more items from The Limited. All the tops I bought were already 30% off and when I signed up for their emails I got a promo code for $15 off for every $50 spent. Tack on reasonable shipping prices and you can't go wrong! I don't often do prints and never do florals so this one is taking me right outside my comfort zone but I like the colours so we'll see how we go. (The Limited)




Ashton Blouse ($25)
Perfect for warmer weather as the sleeves are long enough to cover my tattoo's for the office without the need for a cardigan or jacket. This colour sold out but buy similar here. (The Limited)




Grid Top ($20)
Great safe choice to add a bit of interest to a monochrome look. Sold out in this colour but available in red here. (The Limited)




Leather Belts ($12 each)
Finally found a white leather belt to wear with TWP and at this price I decided to get the pink, beige and navy as well from NYFashion 101. Belts were priced at $5.99 each but with shipping to Australia all 4 came in at $48. I'm a bit skeptical as to how good the quality is going to be at this price but I thought it was worth the gamble. Buy here. (amazon.com)



The One's That Got Away (TOTGA's)

  
                                   




  


Until Next Time ...

Happy Hunting

SFH
XXX





Labels: ,

35 36 37 38