It's Sunday evening and time for The Weekly Wrap. Even though the weather is warming up (supposedly!) I seem to have purchased a lot of coats and jackets this week. A work trip to Melbourne saw me check out the only Aussie H&M store with mixed results and I got some cute jewellery from The Rocks Markets with The Co-Conspirator. Read on for all the details ...
Hunting Grounds …
Greenwood Plaza *** Melbourne City *** Sydney City Castaway Shirts ($130 each) I bought these on Monday lunchtime from David Lawrence but on Friday night I got an email advising me they were offering 25% off all full priced items this weekend. Grrr ... I wish I had know on Monday! Anyhoo, I ordered the orange one again on-line (blue was out of stock in my size so not much I could do about that) and I will return the original one on Monday for a refund (luckily it has not been worn, in fact it hasn't even been unpacked!). I'll be $32 better off. Cha Ching! Buy similar here. (Greenwood Plaza)
Eyelet Jean Belt - Navy ($39) Also from David Lawrence, this only cost me $14 as when I bought the shirts above I received a $25 credit on my VIP card. At $39 it was already 50% off and a bargain but it was a steal at $14! David Lawrence. (Greenwood Plaza)
Sonoa Boucle Jacket ($262.50) Spotted when buying the orange castaway shirt above on-line. Originally $350 but $263 with the 25% off. Channeling Chanel :) Buy similar here. (David Lawrence On-Line)
Eva Jacket ($217.50) Also stumbled across this when buying the orange castaway shirt above on line. Originally $290 but $218 with the 25% off. Buy similar here. (David Lawrence On-Line)
Ingrid Coat ($268 each) Saw this coat on The Classy Cubicle's FB page. I had never heard of Boden Clothing before but it was love at first sight. I checked in with The Enabler on which colour to go for. She said yellow. I like the blue. No other alternative really but to just buy both! And shipping was only $10. They are winging their way to me at this very moment. Hurry up please! Buy here. (Boden Clothing On-Line)
H&M Trench ($35) I had to go Melbourne this week for work and couldn't resist an after work shopping trip to Bourke St Mall. It was wet, windy and freezing but I braved the weather and the shops were open until 7pm on a Wednesday so it gave me a good 1 1/2 hours to shop. First stop H&M. They were having a in-store only sale which is a bummer for those not able to visit in person. The place was packed to the gills and it was bedlum. This was made all the more complicated by the fact that I was still wheeling my suitcase as I had not yet checked into my hotel. As you know I've been looking for a trench for a while ... sigh ... I'm still in love with the Burberry and I couldn't help popping into the Melbourne store (directly under The Crown Towers where I was staying) for another look. Why do I torture myself? Anyway clearly I can't afford it at the moment so I got this one instead. The fact that there is no comparison goes without saying, hell it's not even as good as the Forever New TOTGA from last week ... but it's $35 and good for a few wears at least. This is sized an AUS4 which is the smallest size they make but I don't think their sizing is very accurate as this is a little big and no way an Aussie 4 given I am usually a 6. Happy to put up with a bit extra room as it will allow bulkier jumpers etc underneath. RRP $70 but at 50% off it's a real bargain. Colour is a little darker than what it appears in the pic. Remember that H&M will be opening in Sydney in mid October! Buy similar here. (Melbourne City)
H&M Coat ($40) The fabric on this coat is lovely ... soft, fine, drapey and a fabulous shade of dove grey. The lining is cute, the lapels are cut perfectly (not bad for a discount store) and the skirt had just the right amount of flare. These are the reasons I decided to buy it, it does however, have a few flaws that I think I can sort out given the bargain price of $40. The belt is 'faux leather' and looks pretty cheap. The bow style is really cute but I think a nicer belt would lift this dramatically. The closures are press studs rather than buttons and because the fabric is so fine you can see them through it so ideally I will be able to replace these (or at least a tailor will lol) with something a little more subtle. RRP $80 at 50% off. Same sizing issues as above. (Melbourne City)
Another Chunky Silver Ring ($50) It's clear I love a silver chunky ring. I picked this up at The Rocks Markets with The Co-Conspirator on Sunday Morning. This lovely stall (near Wine Odyssey) had a great selection of rings and earrings at very reasonable prices. (Sydney City)
'Pearl' Choker ($30) Also from The Rocks Markets with The Co-Conspirator from in a little jewellery store called Hathi just up from the Lowenbrau. A few pieces sprinkled outside sparked my attention and the selection inside was lovely. Almost worth waking up on a Sunday morning for :) (Sydney City)
Long Sleeve T-Shirts ($20 each) The Co-Conspirator specifically wanted to go to Uniqlo on Saturday afternoon during our weekend city break. I've been into this pop-up store in Pitt St Mall a few times but have never been overly wowed and have always left empty handed. This time I picked up a few simple T-Shirts in white, black and grey.Great for layering under everything while Sydney's weather is still a little cool at times (Sydney City).