01 02 03 Sydney Fashion Hunter: Happy Birthday to Me, Australia Day + Link-Up! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Happy Birthday to Me, Australia Day + Link-Up!

34

I don't normally post on my Monday but today I've got three great reasons to. I just celebrated my birthday, which happens to fall on Australia Day and I'm co-hosting a fashion link up with Rhea Et Cetera. Read on for all the details ...


Follow Me!
      


January 26 is always a double barreled celebration in my house. I love that my birthday is on Australia Day, for starters, I never have to work on my birthday and who wouldn't love that? For me, Australia Day is an opportunity celebrate everything that is great about Australia rather than dwelling on the mistakes of the past. And there is much to be proud of! This year unfortunately Mr SFH had to work (the perils of being married to a shift worker!) so we shifted our celebration to Saturday. We kept it super casual with a backyard gathering with a few friends, some home made pizza (thanks Ted & Tiana!), plenty of drinks and of course lots of red, white and blue. 

I love occasions that allow you to throw the fashion rules out the window and just have some fun. I kept my outfit very casual and of course in keeping with the colour scheme. My ridiculous hat and toenails cover the red, my white Joe's Jeans denim shorts and of course my blue target halter top. Shoes were not needed but holster thongs came in very handy when the deck heated up to a million degrees. Add my Collette cuff, Prada sunnies, David Lawrence belt, Gucci watch and I'm done. But then just because I can I added some pom poms lol. Although I had to fight the smaller party guests for these later on! Clearly the last photo was taken before my ill fated cartwheel that resulted in a hamstring injury that still has me limping!







Of course every good party carries the theme through to decorations and food so I strung up some bunting, blew up some balloons and red, white and blue'd the food as much as possible with Australia shaped gingerbread cookies, mini pavlovas with strawberries and blueberries, chocolate mousse cups and blue velvet cakes (I ran out of red food colouring!) which served as my birthday cake.


   

   

I hope all my Aussie friends far and wide had a wonderful day but I couldn't do this post without leaving you all with something to chuckle over. Some of these are my own and some I've read around the traps before . You know you are Australian when ...



So I promised a link-up and here it is! Rhea Et Cetera is one of my favourite bloggers and she hosts the Style to Inspire Link up every Monday. If you haven't already checked out her blog I suggest you do so stat. 

rheabar
styletoinspire_allison

{Rhea Et Cetera} {Sydney Fashion Hunter}
Style to Inspire -- a weekly link up creating an online fashion community to inspire and be inspired by our fellow fashionistas! Share your style with us!


LINK UP GUIDELINES
1) Please follow your host Rhea via Bloglovin. and your cohost Allison via Bloglovin. We would love if you leave us a comment, too!
2) Link up your fashion post via the linky tool below
3) Link back to this link up by using the button code provided above, or a text link -- either one is fine
4) Have fun -- check out other blogs, comment, and be fashion-inspired!
Cohosting opportunities are available -- if you are interested, please email Rhea at Rhea@RheaEtCetera.com -- cohosting is a great way to promote your blog!





Until Next Time ...

Happy Hunting

SFH


XXX


You Might Also Like ... 

        
    
    See all Lifestyle Posts here! 



Disclaimer:  This post contains some affiliate links, which may result in a commission.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38