Wow! It's hard to believe another whole month has gone by and it's time for The Monthly Wrap. Where did September go? It's been such a hectic month for me with a trip to Thailand, end of year bank year activities at work and the birth of my new little niece Harper, it's a wonder I had any time to shop at all! September officially marked the start of Spring in Sydney so I should be out there buying lots of cute floaty pastels but we are still very much in Winter's grip so it's the last thing on my mind! My purchases this month cover three different countries and currencies and with AUD sitting at around USD70c and still falling (eeek!) this may be the last of my overseas purchases for a while. Read on for all the details ...
While I didn't buy a lot in Thailand, I did buy these, the cost of which eclipsed The Enablers total spend in one fell swoop. The drop in the AUD meant Bangkok was not the bargain hunters paradise it once was and while I had truly intended to just window shop I couldn't resist when I saw them. The Enabler lived up to her name and gave me the final push by wholeheartedly endorsing the purchase. These are going to be my 'go to' work shoes for the foreseeable future me thinks. Not available online but try your local Chanel boutique or these options here, here and here. (Chanel - EmQuartier, Bangkok, Thailand).
Havaiana Thongs (THB฿150)
The only other thing I bought in Thailand. I'm sure you have heard me bang on before about how much I hate a knock off. I didn't have a lot of choice here because my thongs broke mid trip and I had to get a replacement. I do own about 10 pairs of authentic Havaiana's so hopefully the counterfeit gods will understand and not think too harshly of me for this one indiscretion. Options on the real deal here, here or here. (O-Top Markets - Patong, Phuket, Thailand).
Michael Kors Pumps (AUD$149)
I know what you are thinking ... more shoes right? Well I have admitted they are my weakness. I swear I was 'just looking', but 'just looking' turned into 'just buying'. No specials to be had here but I think these Michael Kors Flex Pumps are pretty well priced for a quality work shoe. (Michael Kors - Westfield Sydney).
I'm a bit addicted to Portofino shirt from Express. They make the perfect no fuss, easy wash and easy wear work shirt. I have about 10 of them I think, although I am scared to count! This month I added another three to my collection; Radiant Rose ($24), Sultry Cobalt ($20) and Blue Diamond ($60). Year round Express offers buy one get one 50% off another but if you are savvy you can get additional discounts as well like I did. While the offers I took advantage of are over, today only you get $25 off for every $100 spent (Code 1290) and an additional 30% off clearance. Be quick (Express Online).
More from Express! Well I was already ordering the shirts right? And I had to get value out of my $25 International shipping fee!!! For those not in the US this is a flat fee so team up with your girlfriends like I do and put in a bulk order. I already have the Ultimate Double Weave Editor Ankle Pants in Radiant Rose and they are in high rotation. I seriously love these so much I decided to buy another pair to keep in reserve for when mine are past their use by date because I could see Express were running them out and they wouldn't be around much longer. I paid $68 but they are now down to $50. I also got them in Honey Gold for $30 (down from $70) so I couldn't miss that! I also like the Columnist Ankle Pants which are quite similar in cut and these Grey Plaid Windowpane ones for $34 were a steal when I purchased the Pitch Black ones at full price ($88). Don't forget for today only you get $25 off for every $100 spend and and additional 30% off clearance so be quick. (Express Online).
Total AUD* Spent: $1497
Total AUD* Saved: $314
* After conversions
What have you purchased this month that you love? Tell me in the comments below :)